XMetaL Author Enterprise XML Editor
The XML editor solution for consistently higher-value, timely global content that creates loyal customers and efficient, compliant business processes.
XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0 helps you get to market faster by bringing structure and automation to the process of content creation. Using XML standards such as the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), XMetaL enables authors to re-purpose higher-value information products into the myriad of languages and formats your customers demand.
Used standalone or integrated with virtually any content management system, XMetaL helps even non-technical writers to create reusable content without needing to be proficient in XML—and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
Highlights of New Features in XMetaL Author Enterprise 8.0
The 8.0 release is packed with new features including:
- Updated application look-and-feel – auxiliary panels feature auto-hide and pin capability; improved panel docking guides; window-tab groups with right-click menus; Office-like UI for customizing toolbars; switchable application themes
- Cross-file operations – find and replace both text and markup; interactive spell-check replacements in Results panel (no need to launch spell checker window)
- Spell checker dictionaries – optionally use OpenOffice (Hunspell) dictionaries with the XMetaL spell checker
- New table operations – sort table rows; fill cells across or down by replicating contents or attributes; fill cells with numeric series; split a table into two; select/cut/copy/paste table row structures
- List sorting – sort lists or list items
- New ways to un-clutter the editor view – minimize tags by hiding element names; hide/show Tracked Changes (“accept all preview”)
- Easier multiple Undo – perform multiple Undo steps with a single swipe of the mouse
- Latest DITA OT – includes DITA Open Toolkit 1.7
- Platform compatibility – compatible with Windows 8 and Microsoft IE 10
Promote Content Reuse for Greater Quality and Consistency
- Locate, reference, and reuse content from file systems or content repositories for consistency across the enterprise
- Publish XML content directly from the author’s desktop to a variety of customer-facing output formats including PDF, EPUB, Kindle, HTML, online help systems and more
- Leverage XMetaL’s extensible publishing framework – a scalable, low-cost alternative to proprietary publishing systems
- Integrate authoring with virtually any repositories, content management systems (CMS) or source control systems in your organization with XMetaL Connector
Create Structured Content as Easily as Working in a Word Processor
- Ensure the validity of XML, hiding the complexity of the underlying markup from non-technical users and giving xml editor power users access to XML structure and code, components, attributes and elements
- Standard Unicode support allows you to author in almost any language including Cyrillic, Eastern European, and Asian languages
Leverage Best Practices in Topic-based Authoring
- First authoring software with full DITA support, including visualization and advanced editing for better control of content presentation
- Help authors write with reuse in mind with a familiar, topic-oriented user interface designed specifically for authoring of DITA content
- Minimize development and maintenance costs by automatically generating authoring configurations for DITA specializations
For XMetaL pricing Contact Our Sales Team
XMetaL Author Enterprise in Japanese is also now available. To learn more, download the datasheet.